Friday 8th of December 9.am to 5 pm Cost of Class $390
We are hosting Barbara Luraschi from Sweet Janis all the way from Italy, who is visiting to teach you a few of her amazing figurines!
Barbara’s figurines have a distinct and beautiful expression and she has been recognized worldwide for her work. Learn her unique style with this sweet ‘Grace’ figurine one day class. With a doll-like, highly expressive face, this figurine is entirely hand made with no need for moulds and stands around 25 cm tall. It’s also structurally stable and free standing and will make a huge impact on any cake it is placed upon.
All tools and materials are provided, along with lunch and light refreshments.
To maximise your learning time there is no cake involved in this project so it also makes the perfect keepsake.
Class sizes are kept small at 10 people to ensure you each receive plenty of attention. All skill levels are welcome as long as you have some experience using fondant / sugar paste.
- Hand make this stunning figurine with minimal tools (no face moulds)
- Learn to model doll-like facial expressions and hairstyles
- Discover the proper ratios for human bodies and features
- Gain tips and tricks for dusting and shading to create dimension
- Work to create details that will bring your figurine to life
- Make a structurally stable and free standing oversized figurine